Your weekly roundup :: January 17 – 21
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Patricia Asp, 4word Board Member and founder of ASPire, discusses why she always includes a group of people for input on big life decisions, how she’s learned to accept and discern ALL feedback, and who you should invite to be part of your own sounding board for big changes.
Did you know we have Monday blogs available in Spanish and Mandarin?
On this episode, author Kim King shares why she is so passionate about helping others learn to live generously and why God wants us to give.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Dr. Joshua Nangle with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics asks Christian professionals to consider if they are demonstrating the goodness of God at work.
Emily Mulligan with The Guardian acknowledges that not every friendship is or should be forever, but asks if maintaining our hard-earned friendships should be more of a priority?
Melissa Morgan Kelley with Christianity Today reports that amid all the moves and changes of the past two years, many congregations saw turnover accelerate.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Diana Romero.
4word: Community Group Events
Announcing our first 4word: GLOBAL Virtual Group
Join us on the 3rd Friday each month; Hosted by Tonia Degner
Please register HERE for our first gathering
Friday, January 21 @ 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM Central Time
If you are not yet connected with a community group, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Virtual Global Gathering – 1/21 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Gathering – 1/22 @10:30 AM
- Houston Monthly Meeting- 1/25 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study – 1/25 @ 7:30 AM
- Military Virtual Discussion/Study – 1/26 @ 7:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study – 1/26 @ Noon
- Houston Virtual Bible Study – 1/26 @ 7:30 AM
- DFW Downtown Breakfast – 1/28 @ 8:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study – 2/1 @ 7:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study – 2/2 @ 11:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Wed Bible Study – 2/2 @ 7:30 AM
- DFW Fellowship Breakfast – THURSDAY 2/3 @ 8:00 AM
- Seattle Gathering – 2/3 @ 6:00 PM
- C-Level Eastern Community Group (By Invitation) – 2/5 @ 10:30 AM
- Charleston Luncheon – 2/8 @ Noon
- Chicago Virtual Power Breakfast – 2/8 @ 7:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study – 2/9 @ 11:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study – 2/9 @ 7:30 AM
- Military Virtual Fellowship – 02/09 @ 7:00PM cst
- Philadelphia South Gathering – 2/12 @ 10:00 AM
- San Antonio Gathering – 2/15 @ Noon
- Detroit Gathering – 2/16 @ 5:30PM
- DFW Risky Women Panel Discussion – MOVED 4/1 @ 11:00 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.