Your weekly roundup :: February 7 – 11
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Join us on Saturday, February 26, at the Omni Hotel in Dallas, TX, for a night of celebration! The keynote speakers for the evening are hero Southwest pilot, Tammie Jo Shults, and Margaret Grun Kibben.
Have you ever wondered if you’re making a difference in the world? Here are some ways to ease into your influence.
Did you know we have Monday blogs available in Spanish and Mandarin?
American Express senior manager Lori Joe Brown begins her story of faith, failures, and fighting to find her direction
Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, Lori Joe Brown grew up in a diverse community and as a pastor’s daughter, she was always at church and flourished in her time there. But then her parents divorced, right as Lori was about to enter her teenage years, and the shift in her family caused Lori to question everything.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Ursula Mead with Fast Company explains that, with thoughtfulness, empathy, transparency, and specificity, companies can demonstrate that everybody belongs in their workforce—even the woman who stepped away from her career amid a global health crisis.
Britney Wong with HuffPost shares some words — and the assumption behind them — that are surprisingly toxic to relationships.
Simon Lionel Nelsen with Relevant Magazine asks readers this: if we don’t tell ourselves to actually prepare for the trials, how are we supposed to remain faithful in the midst of it?
Diane Darling, pioneer in social networking, talks about being in the right time at the right place. Diane also talks about teachers making the transition into corporate life and the importance of having a PBA: Personal Board of Advisors.
4word: Community Group Events
4word GLOBAL VIRTUAL Gathering – 2/18 @ 8:00 AM Central
“Strategic Impact: Build Your Strategic Planning Skills” Virtual Gathering – hosted by 4word: Phoenix – 3/2 @ 11:30 AM MST
If you are not yet connected with a community group, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philadelphia South Gathering – 2/12 @ 10:00 AM
- Washington DC – Brunch – 2/12 @ 11:30 AM
- San Antonio Gathering – 2/15 @ Noon
- Detroit Gathering – 2/16 @ 5:30PM
- DFW Risky Women Panel Discussion – MOVED 4/1 @ 11:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study – 2/16 @ 11:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study – 2/16 @ 7:30 AM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District – 2/16 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering – 2/17 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Luncheon – 2/17 @ Noon
- DFW Coffee & Yoga Pants – 2/19 @ 8:45 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden – 2/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Breakfast Group – 2/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Houston Monthly Gathering – 2/22 @ 6:00 PM
- Houston Virtual – 2/23 @ 11:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Morning Bible Study – 2/23 @ 7:30 AM
- Military Special Interest Group Study – 2/23 @ 19:00
- Tulsa Luncheon – 2/23 @ Noon
- DFW Dallas Breakfast – 2/25 @ 8:00 AM
- Gala Welcome Tour – 2/26 @ 9:30 AM
- Oklahoma City Gathering – 2/26 @ 10:30 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.