Today is the last day you can submit your application for the upcoming fall 4word Mentor Program session! Click here to begin the application process to be either a mentor or mentee!
- LAST CHANCE TO BE PART OF THE 4WORD MENTOR PROGRAM!: The 4word Mentor Program is now accepting applications for mentor and mentee spots! Take the next step in your professional journey by investing in a mentorship with a fellow professional Christian woman! To apply, send in your application TODAY by clicking this link.
- VISIT THE NEW 4WORD WEBSITE!: After months of designing, planning, and tweaking, the all-new 4word website has officially launched! Take a moment to browse the new and improved site, and be sure to share the link with your friends and family!
- REAL ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE: Kathy Giusti, a friend of 4word founder Diane Paddison and former HBS classmate, writes on Time Magazine about the aftermath of the Ice Bucket Challenge’s success, and the choices the ALS Association now faces.
- FEMALE DOUBLE STANDARD: Kimberly Weisul with Inc. exposes why high-performing female tech execs are hesitant to take the next (logical) step in their career toward positions typically held by their male colleagues.
Video of the Week
Between meetings, doctor appointments, after-school activities, and making sure dinner isn’t forgotten, time just seems to escape us. While you may not have the time for a perfect blow-out ‘do every day, here are three hairstyles that will help you stretch up to three days between washes. Think about all that free time!
- Work – Life Balance or Blending …Whatever It Is, We Want It – HBS alumni Laura Matthews lists five points that were recently discussed on an HBS alumni panel about finding balance between work and life.
- Advice on Living Alone – Joy Eggerichs offers her advice to a reader dealing with unrequited love.
- Forgiveness at Work is Difficult. It’s Also an Opportunity. – John Kyle with The Institute for Faith, Work, & Economics writes about the life of Louis Zamperini and his advice for embracing forgiveness in the workplace.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – Round Table Discussion – September 8 @ noon
- San Diego – Round Table Discussion – September 10 @ 11:30AM
- Los Angeles – Round Table Discussion – September 13 @ 1:00PM
- Tulsa – WLP Book Discussion – September 15 @ 7:00PM
- Chicago – Luncheon with Jamie Janosz – September 18 @ noon
- Phoenix – September Speaker Series – September 18 @ 6:30PM
- San Francisco – Summer BBQ – September 21 @ 2:30PM
- Dallas – After Work Event – September 23 @ 6:00PM
- Washington, D.C. – Fall Speaker Series – September 23 @ 7:00PM
- Phoenix – Autumn Nights Book Study – September 25 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
The Pumpkin Spice Latte is the unofficial drink of fall, and has developed quite the cult following. If you can’t make it to your local Starbucks, or want to try a healthier version at home, try this tasty DIY recipe using all-natural ingredients.