Happy Friday, 4word friends! In just 6 days, the North Texas Giving Day fundraising event will take place, giving you and your friends and family the opportunity to give and support the 4word Local Groups Program. Your donation will be matched 100% (up to $5,000) thanks to the generosity of The Ambassador’s Club! Click here for more information about how you can give on September 18!
- SAVE THE DATE!: September 18th is North Texas Giving Day. You can make a donation to 4word which will be matched by the Ambassador’s Club one-for-one, up to $5,000, and will benefit the 4word Local Group Program!
- VISIT THE NEW 4WORD WEBSITE!: After months of designing, planning, and tweaking, the all-new 4word website has officially launched! Take a moment to browse the new and improved site, and be sure to share the link with your friends and family!
- REMEMBERING S. TRUETT CATHY: On Monday, Chick-Fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy passed away, prompting celebrities, politicians, and the public to express their admiration for the entrepreneur with a steadfast faith.
- EVERYBODY NEEDS A SPONSOR: 4word founder Diane Paddison writes in The LEADER Magazine about the importance of having a sponsor as part of your career journey.
- SELF-PROMOTE, GUILT-FREE!: Self-promotion is a practice that a lot of professionals don’t naturally feel comfortable with. May Busch offers her tips on how to promote yourself without losing respect for yourself in the process.
- STOP NETWORKING: Kim Nicol writes on LinkedIn about how she bypassed her introvert-fueled fear of networking and adopted an outreach method that felt much more genuine and satisfying.
Video of the Week
Marching bands tend to be the unsung heroes of any college football game, but the Ohio State Marching Band made sure all eyes were on them this past weekend when they performed a “TV Land” halftime show.
- 5 Ways To Help Mom Get Even With Dad In The Workplace – Samantha Ettus writes on Forbes and lists five ways that women with children can fight an intrinsic bias toward men in the workplace and find success in the professional world, post-baby.
- So Worth Loving – Joy Eggerichs shares the story of Eryn Erickson, founder of So Worth Loving, and talks with Eryn about her mission to help people adjust the way they think about themselves and accept that they are worthy of love.
- Stop Obsessing With The Proverbs 31 Woman – Lauren Oquist writes on Relevant Magazine and shares her reasons for why Christian women should stop aspiring to be a “Proverbs 31 woman.”
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Los Angeles – Round Table Discussion – September 13 @ 1:00PM
- Tulsa – WLP Book Discussion – September 15 @ 7:00PM
- Chicago – Luncheon with Jamie Janosz – September 18 @ noon
- Phoenix – September Speaker Series – September 18 @ 6:30PM
- San Francisco – Summer BBQ – September 21 @ 2:30PM
- Dallas – After Work Event – September 23 @ 6:00PM
- Washington, D.C. – Fall Speaker Series – September 23 @ 7:00PM
- Phoenix – Autumn Nights Book Study – September 25 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
Who doesn’t love finding recipes for restaurant favorites that you can make in the comfort of your own home? Here is a copycat recipe for Chili’s Queso that you can make in your crock pot. Double score