How to Be Confident, How to Succeed, and How to Relax in This Week’s Friday Faves
Happy Friday, 4word friends! For those of you who sent the kids back to school, congrats on making it through the first week back. As you unwind and get ready for the weekend, check out our favorite articles, video and pin from the past week.
- BE A PART OF THE 4word MENTOR PROGRAM!: The 4word Mentor Program is now accepting applications for mentor and mentee spots! Take the next step in your professional journey by investing in a mentorship with a fellow professional Christian woman! To apply, send in your application by September 5, 2014 by clicking this link.
- BE CONFIDENT!: May Busch helps us grasp how to feel, display, and give confidence in this video on her website.
- BALANCE WORK AND LIFE: Do you want a career that lets you effectively balance work and life? Kathryn Dill with Forbes lists 25 companies that you might want to consider applying to.
- FEMALE SUPERHERO?: Amanda Hess with Slate digs deeper into the common excuse from Hollywood studios when asked why there aren’t more female superheroes.
Video of the Week
Katie Couric interviewed Brittany Merrill Underwood and talked with her about The Akola Project and her passion for uplifting families living in Uganda.
- Julia Child’s Recipe for Entrepreneurial Success – Samuel B. Bacharach with Inc. draws inspiration from Julia Child’s entrepreneurial spirit and creates a list of four business lessons he pulled from her autobiography.
- Onward, Christian Singles – Kate Shellnutt, editor of Her.meneutics, shares her thoughts on the growing trend of Americans to marry later in life and the effect this has on single Christian women.
- Feeling Exhausted All The Time? Here’s How the Sabbath Can Rejuvenate You – Hugh Whelchel with Institute for Faith, Work & Economics urges Christian professionals to view Sunday as what it was meant to be: a day of rest.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Los Angeles – Morning Brunch – August 9 @ 10:00AM
- San Francisco – After Work Gathering and Discussion – August 12 @ 6:30PM
- San Diego – Monthly Lunch – August 13 @ 11:00AM
- Phoenix – Summer Nights Book Study – August 18 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
For some of you, it’s back to school time! Here are 10 quick and easy dinner ideas for school nights.