Happy Friday, 4word friends! Check out our favorites from the past week, and don’t forget to sign up for the fall session of the 4word Mentor Program. The deadline to submit your application is September 5, 2014!
- BE A PART OF THE 4word MENTOR PROGRAM!: The 4word Mentor Program is now accepting applications for mentor and mentee spots! Take the next step in your professional journey by investing in a mentorship with a fellow professional Christian woman! To apply, send in your application by September 5, 2014 by clicking this link.
- STRANGE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS: 13 CEOs share on LinkedIn some of their favorite questions to ask when conducting interviews, and some of them might make you scratch your head.
- UNREASONABLE DEMANDS: Dr. Suzanne Gelb writes on The Muse about the proper response steps to take when dealing with the sensitive issue of an unreasonably demanding boss.
- RUDENESS IN THE WORKPLACE: John Kyle with Institute for Faith, Work, and Economics lists four methods colleagues can practice to foster a more unified work environment.
Video of the Week
This inspiring video “Investing in Our Future” was shown at the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit, and features the story of Agnes Netunze with Sseko Designs. Watch and share this powerful story of hope and perseverance.
- Even When Women Ask For A Raise, They Don’t Ask For Enough - Kathryn Heath with Harvard Business Review offers three tips for women who want to successfully ask for a raise.
- Love Conquers All...Or Does It? - Watch Joy Eggerichs' response when she’s asked if she would have altered a past relationship based off of what she now knows seven years later.
- What Would Jesus Say to Robin Williams? - Jim Denison speculates on what Jesus’ response would be to the sudden and tragic passing of actor Robin Williams.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We'd love to see you there!
- Phoenix - Summer Nights Book Study - August 18 @ 6:30PM
- Atlanta - After Work Gathering - August 26 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa - WLP Book Discussion - September 15 @ 7:00PM
- Chicago - Luncheon with Jamie Janosz - September 18 @ noon
- San Francisco - Summer BBQ - September 21 @ 2:30PM
- Dallas - After Work Event - September 23 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
Want an easy and delish Saturday morning breakfast? Here’s a recipe for Cinnamon Roll Casserole that will leave everyone asking for seconds.