Your weekly roundup :: September 2 – 6
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
It’s time for a new 4word Mentor Program class! If you’ve been thinking about getting a mentor for a while but just haven’t found a good fit, give our program a try.
Our mentor and mentee pairs are hand-picked according to the mentee’s goals and expectations for the mentorship, and our mentors all operate from a foundation of faith. Click here to sign up today!
We can connect with a click. But finding real friendship? That’s a little harder. This month we’re tackling the topic of community. Read our latest blog to discover more.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
In this episode, Dina Dwyer-Owens, Brand Ambassador and Board Member of Neighborly (formerly Dwyer Group®), talks about the single key to bringing your community to the next level of effectiveness: values. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Rick Woolworth with Harvard Business Review analyzes a recent study’s finding that the supply/demand imbalance of people wanting mentors and mentors available is severe.
Jason Todd writes on Relevant Magazine about God’s thoughts on giving fun some priority in our lives.
Hollie Smith writes on Relevant Magazine with her story of how a break from church has helped remind her of what church is really all about.
Don’t miss this week’s episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Dr. Marlene Bizub.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – Willow Creek ONE YEAR SERIES – Work Love Pray | A Gathering for Professional Women – September 7 @ 9:00AM
- Baltimore – September Gathering – September 9 @ 6:30PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – September 9 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – September Power Breakfast – September 10 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – September Lady Boss Breakfast – September 10 @ 8:00AM
- Southlake – September Lunch – September 10 @ noon
- Austin – Lago Vista/North Shore Gathering – September 11 @ 8:00AM
- Dallas – September Monthly Study – September 11 @ 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs – September Happy Hour – September 13 @ 6:00PM
- Milwaukee – September Gathering – September 14 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – September 14 @ 10:00AM
- Portland – Afternoon in Wine Country – September 14 @ 10:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – September 15 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – North Meet-up Monday – September 16 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – South Meet-up Monday – September 16 @ 5:30PM
- Bay Area – San Francisco September Gathering – September 17 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Finding Contentment panel – September 17 @ 5:30PM
- New York – September Gathering – September 17 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – September Luncheon – September 17 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – September 18 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – September Gathering – September 18 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – September 18 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – September 19 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – September Luncheon – September 19 @ noon
- Chicago – Willow Creek ONE YEAR SERIES – Work Love Pray | A Gathering for Professional Women – September 21 @ 9:00AM
- Saratoga Springs – September Gathering – September 21 @ 9:30AM
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pant Meet-up – September 21 @ 9:00AM
- Springfield – September Gathering – September 24 @ 11:30AM
- Southlake – Quarterly Event – September 26 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – September Luncheon – September 27 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.