Your weekly roundup :: June 8 – 12
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Becoming a 4word Member Insider is an easy and meaningful way to give back to 4word for the Christ-centered encouragement, prayer support and practical tools received through our Digital Community, Local Groups and Mentor Program. Click here to become a Member Insider and receive over $750 in benefits for less than 3 cents a day!
No one has all the answers. But one good place to start? Bearing each other’s burdens. If every day, we tried to show more empathy and love to our neighbor than the day before, we will make a difference. Read Nicole Dickens‘ call for restoration.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Kim Vastine, a Dallas/Ft. Worth area realtor and the Chaplain for 4word: Southlake, explores why we struggle to bring our faith to work and the advantages we have as Christians in the workplace. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Joann Lublin with The Wall Street Journal spoke with Stefanie Strack about her entrepreneur journey and how mentoring played a vital role, including the mentorship of current 4word Mentor Program mentor and former Nike executive Patty Ross.
Russell Gehrlein with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics talks about the lessons he learned from Benjamin Watson, an African-American pro football player and Christian, and his book Under Our Skin: Getting Real About Race—And Getting Free From the Fears and Frustrations That Divide Us.
Peter Jones with Relevant Magazine shares five simple steps to building the habit of meeting with God.
In case you missed it, here’s the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show featuring guest LaDonna Slade.
4word: Local Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Local Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Local Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Austin – Heart Connect Virtual Prayer Gathering – June 15 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group – June 16 @ 11:45AM
- Bay Area – San Francisco June Gathering – June 16 @ 6:00PM
- New York City – Virtual June Gathering – June 16 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – June Luncheon – June 16 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – June 17 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – June Social – June 17 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Virtual Bible Study – June 17 @ 7:30AM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – June 17 @ 7:30AM
- Portland – June Luncheon – June 18 @ noon
- Dallas – North Breakfast June Study Virtual – June 19 @ 8:00AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmount/Spring Garden Gathering – June 20 @ 10:00AM
- Saratoga Springs – June Gathering – June 20 @ 9:30AM
- Southlake – Virtual Coffee & Yoga Pants – June 20 @ 9:00AM
- Tulsa – Breakfast Group – June 20 @ 9:00AM
- Springfield – June Gathering – June 23 @ 5:30PM
- Charleston – Virtual Wednesday Gathering – June 24 @ 8:30PM
- Dallas – Bi-Monthly Bible Study – June 24 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Virtual Bible Study – June 24 @ 7:30AM
- Philadelphia – ABS Monthly Gathering – June 24 @ noon
- Tulsa – Lunch Group – June 24 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Virtual Featured Speaker Series – June 25 @ 6:30PM
- Palm Beach – Palm Beach County June Fellowship – June 25 @ 7:00PM
- Washington DC – June Virtual Meet-Up – June 25 @ 6:30PM
- Oklahoma City – June Gathering – June 27 @ 10:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Gathering – June 28 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.