Your weekly roundup :: August 10 – 14
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Ready to end 2020 on a positive note? Sign up today for a spot in the upcoming fall session of the 4word Mentor Program! Mentees are hand-paired with a 4word mentor who can help you take your goals for the rest of the year and pave the way into 2021. The deadline to sign up is Friday, September 4, so don’t wait!
Cynthia Nwaubani, a Vice President and Senior Relationship Manager for the Wells Fargo Commercial Banking office in Dallas, Texas, and a mother to three, opens up about how she is constantly ensuring she doesn’t fall victim to burnout and what you can do to protect yourself, too.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Emma Sharma, the Chief Administrative Officer, General Counsel and Company Secretary of Valiant Integrated Services and 4word Advisory Board member, chats about why we should be embracing integration over balance and how to avoid just “making it work.” Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
May Busch offers three strategies for creating career options for yourself so you never feel trapped.
Elyse Villa with Career Contessa shares three things she learned from The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence, a book by Gavin de Becker.
Nancy Sleeth with Relevant Magazine explains why we should still be honoring one of the Bible’s most well-known commandments.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Analyn Scott.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Philadelphia – Fairmount/Spring Garden – August 15 @ 10:00 AM JOIN IN!
- Saratoga Springs – August 15 @ 9:30 AM
- Tulsa – August Breakfast Group – August 15 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering – August 16 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group – August 18 @ 11:45AM
- Chicago – Calligraphy 101 – August 18 @ 7:00 PM JOIN IN!
- Houston – August Gathering – August 18 @ TBD
- New York City – Virtual Speaker Event – August 18 @ 7:00 PM JOIN IN!
- San Antonio – August Virtual Luncheon – August 18 @ 11:45 AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Virtual Small Group – August 19 @ 5:30 PM
- Colorado Springs – CEO Breakfast – August 19 @ 8:00 AM By Invitation
- Detroit – August Gathering – August 19 @ 5:30 PM
- Houston – Virtual Bi-Monthly Bible Study – August 19 @ 7:30 AM
- Philadelphia – Old/City Historical District – August 19 @ 7:30 AM
- Austin – North Central – August 20 @ 11:45 AM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley – Connect & Pray – August 20 @ TBD
- Nashville – August Gathering – August 20 @ 6:00 PM
- Portland – August Luncheon – August 20 – @ Noon JOIN IN!
- Washington DC – Weekly Pray Strong Virtual Meet Up – August 20 @ 8:00 AM JOIN IN!!
- Dallas – Virtual Breakfast Study – August 21 @ 8:00 AM JOIN IN!
- Southlake – Yoga Pants & Coffee – August 22 @ 9:00 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.