Former Nike Executive Offers Practical Advice to Navigate a New Opportunity
Your weekly roundup :: November 16 – 20
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Review your favorite restaurants and stores and earn $100 for 4word!
During the month of November, support 4word Community Groups by turning your VOICE into IMPACT! Each time you share a brand or product review, you raise $2. It’s free, fast, and secure. Sign up today!
Former Nike Executive Talks How to Take the Leap Toward Something New
4word COO and former Nike executive Pam Johnson has experienced many changes over her career journey and has learned the best response to have when faced with something new.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Listen to Episode 22 now!
Valkyrie Lang, Investment Advisor Representative at Chisholm Trail Financial Group, an independent financial planning firm in Austin, TX, lists out the financial goals all women should aim for and how anyone can start making their financial future more secure, no matter your starting point.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Quick Stress Busters to Handle These Challenging Times
May Busch lists three ways to help deal with the stress and tension that’s hidden all around us.
Building Self Esteem In Your Kids
Shana Schutte with Focus on the Family shares a clever discipline method that is less exhausting and more successful than ranting, raving, blaming, pleading, begging or threatening.
Women Read the Bible More Than Men. Why?
Halee Gray Scott with Christianity Today writes about what best-selling study authors and Bible teachers unpack as the factors that drive women to prioritize time in Scripture.
Catch the latest Mentoring Monday show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Jennifer Roach.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 11/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Chicago Virtual Work Love Pray 11/21 @ 9:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Lady Boss Breakfast 11/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 11/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Southlake Coffee & Yoga Pants Gathering 11/21 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Breakfast 11/21 @ 9:00 AM
- Charleston Virtual Fellowship 11/25 @ 8:30 PM
- Bay Area Virtual Feedback Fest 11/30 @ 7:00 PM
- Twin Cities Virtual Luncheon 12/1 @ Noon
- Austin Westlake/Central 12/3
- Dallas Fellowship Breakfast 12/3 @ 8:00 AM
- Palm Beach County Virtual December Study 12/3 @ 6:30 PM
- Seattle December Gathering 12/3 @ 6:30 PM
- Phoenix Christmas Gathering 12/5
- Portland December Christmas Party 12/5 @ 4:00 PM
- Charleston December Virtual Gathering 12/8 @ Noon
- Chicago Power Breakfast 12/8 @ 7:00 AM
- Nashville December Gathering Virtually 12/8 @ 6:30 PM
- Dallas Bi-Monthly Bible Study Virtually 12/9 @ 6:30 PM
- Philadelphia ABS Monthly Gathering 12/9 @ Noon
- Austin South Small Group 12/10 @ Noon
- Colorado Springs Featured Speaker Virtual Series 12/10 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Annual Holiday Social 12/10 @ 6:00 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.