Your weekly roundup :: January 25 – 29
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Dawn F. Landry, author of ARMORED, writes about her husband’s life-threatening health battles and how those not only shaped them into better versions of themselves, but also taught Dawn the importance of listening to the “God Whispers.”
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Dawn F. Landry, author of ARMORED, joins the podcast to talk about how she was stretched and pressed into becoming a “care coach” for her husband through three major, life-threatening illnesses.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Georgene Huang with Fairygodboss writes for Forbes with a list of three musts women are looking for in a 2021 workplace.
Eliana Dockterman with Time interviews author Sarah Jaffe about her new book, Work Won’t Love You Back.
Jeremy Weber with Christianity Today dives into recent research of 14,000 people done by Pew Research Center that shows the pandemic has strengthened religious belief most in the US, Spain, and Italy, while South Korea leads in lost faith.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Marty Lundstrom.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
National Virtual Speaker Events
- “The Heart of Leadership – Developing Others” next in series – Hosted by Washington DC – February 20 , 10 AM EST
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Houston Weekly Tuesday Bible Study 2/2 @ 7:30 AM
- Dallas Monthly Fellowship Breakfast 2/4 @ 8:00 AM
- Seattle Monthly Gathering 2/4 @ 6:00 PM
- Charleston Luncheon 2/9 @ Noon
- Chicago Virtual Power Breakfast 2/9 @ 7:30 AM
- Houston Weekly Tuesday Virtual Bible Study 2/9 @ 7:30 AM
- Twin Cities Virtual Luncheon 2/10 @ Noon
- Austin South Virtual Small Group 2/11 @ Noon
- Palm Beach County Fellowship 2/11 @ 7:00 PM
- Philadelphia-South Virtual Small Group 2/13 @ 10:00 AM
- Austin- Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 2/15 @ Noon
- Houston Weekly Tuesday Virtual Bible Study 2/16 @ 7:30 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon 2/16 @ Noon
- Saratoga Springs Virtual Gathering 2/16 @ 8:00 PM
- Austin-Cedar Park Virtual Small Group 2/17 @ 5:30 PM
- Detroit Virtual Meeting 2/17 @ 5:30 PM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District Small Group Gathering 2/17 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Virtual Monthly Gathering 2/18 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Virtual Luncheon 2/18 @ Noon
- Dallas Monthly Virtual Breakfast 2/19 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden Virtual Meeting2/20 @ 10:00 AM
- Southlake Virtual Coffee & Yoga Pants 2/20 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Virtual Breakfast Group 2/20 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin NW Small Group Virtually 2/21 @ 6:00 PM
- Nashville Virtual Gathering 2/22 @ 6:30 PM
- San Antonio Virtual Luncheon 2/22 @ Noon
- Houston Weekly Tuesday Virtual Bible Study 2/23 @ 7:30 AM
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 2/24 @ 8:30 AM
- Palm Beach County February Virtual Study 2/25 @ 7:00 PM
- Oklahoma City Virtual Lady Boss Breakfast 2/27 @ 10:00 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.