Your weekly roundup :: February 28 – March 4
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
If you’re focused on the magnitude of your influence instead of its meaning, you’ve missed the point completely. How do you realign?
Did you know we have Monday blogs available in Spanish and Mandarin?
Listen to the conclusion of Lori Joe Brown‘s story to hear why she thinks it’s so important to find connection in the workplace, and what has driven her forward as she’s traveled God’s path for her life.
Our work, love, pray favorites
4word advisory board member, Alva Adams-Mason, executive group manager, Multicultural Business Alliance & Strategy, for Toyota Motor North America, writes for Fortune about how relentlessly pursuing your goals is critical to making it to the C-suite, but taking care of your mental health is equally, if not more, important.
Lori Milner writes for Thrive Global to explain why, when you can become your own best friend and shift into self-acceptance, your whole world will begin to shift.
Karen Yates writes for Relevant Magazine to share how she has come to the realization that her “calling” is every day.
Reporting from the 4word Gala, Ka Cotter shares the life lessons from famed Southwest Airlines pilot Tammie Jo Shults. Don’t miss this teaching moment and the takeaways on managing highly stressful situations in life.
4word: Community Group Events
If you are not yet connected with a community group, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- DFW North Dallas Breakfast **NOTE CHANGED DATE** – 3/11 @ 8:00 AM
- Seattle Monthly Gathering – 3/3 @ 6:00 PM
- DC Metro Family Game Night – 3/5 @ 6:00 PM
- Charleston Luncheon – 3/8 @ 1:00 PM
- Chicago Power Breakfast – 3/8 @ 7:00 AM
- Houston Virtual NOON Bible Study – 3/9 @ 11:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Wed Bible Study – 3/9 @ 7:30 AM
- Military Virtual Fellowship – 03/09 @ 7:00PM cst
- Philadelphia South Gathering – 3/12 @ 10:00 AM
- Phoenix Brunch Gathering – 3/12 @ 10:30 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon – 3/15 @ Noon
- Detroit Monthly Gathering – 3/16 @ 5:30
- Houston Virtual NOON Bible Study – 3/16 @11:30 AM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District Gathering – 3/16 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering – 3/17 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Luncheon 3/17 @ Noon
- Virtual Global Gathering – 3/18 @ 8:00 AM
- DFW Coffee & Yoga Pants – 3/19 @ 8:45 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden Gathering – 3/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa Breakfast Group – 3/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Houston Virtual NOON Bible Study – 3/23 @ 11:30 AM
- Military Virtual Study – 3/23 @ 5:00 CST
- Tulsa Luncheon – 3/23 @ Noon
- DFW Dallas Breakfast – 3/25 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Gathering – 3/26 @ 10:30 AM
- Houston Virtual NOON Bible Study – 3/30 @ 11:30 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.