Happy Friday. May the Fourth be with you all! Did you know that today is Intergalactic Star Wars Day? In honor of this auspicious occasion, we have a very special video of the week for you all. But first… some announcements.
- VIDEO: You probably already know about runner Lopez Lomong’s mixup last Saturday in the 2012 Payton Jordan Invite. Did you also know Lomong is a Lost Boy of Sudan and one of several Olympians who supports 4 South Sudan? It’s an amazing charity effort. Check it out!
- MOTHERS DAY GIFT and GIVE AWAY: Buy a copy of “Work, Love, Pray” for your mom. Or perhaps get copies for both of you, and you can work through the book together! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 11 explaining how your mom balanced work, relationships and faith. We’ll select one winner to receive an autographed copy of “Work, Love, Pray” for you and your mom.
- LIVE RADIO INTERVIEW: Speaking of Mother’s Day, next Tuesday, May 8, from 9:05 – 9:25 am, Diane will be interviewed by the KDAZ station in Albuquerque, and she’ll be talking about Mother’s Day. Visit tunein.com to listen live.
- GOOD NEWS: Did you read the Wall Street Journal article that more women are being primed to land CEO roles?
- MEET DIANE PADDISON: This Monday, May 7 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm in Dallas, Diane is speaking at an event about balancing career, relationships and faith. Copies of “Work, Love, Pray” will be available at the event. All DFW women are welcome. The event is free but space is limited. Register here.
Video of the Week
As promised, here’s our Star Wars-themed video of the week: “Star Wars according to a three year old.”
Our Top Three
- Help! I’m in Project Overload – Knowing how to say no to your boss diplomatically is a difficult skill to learn, but it’s also important for advancing your career. From Forbes.
- The Need for Connecting in Community – According to a recent online survey, the need for deeper friendships was in the list of top three needs among women. FulFill gives six practical steps for initiating and developing solid friendships.
- Stepping out in faith – Michelle DeRusha blogs very honestly about how scary it is to take a step of faith in your career (or in any part of your life, really).
A Pinterest Find
A delicious, healthy dessert for your Cinco de Mayo party. If you add in some cinnamon (and possibly a couple pinches of cayenne pepper and espresso powder) you can make it a Mexican Chocolate Fudge Pie!