Welcome to the weekend, everyone. Here’s our weekly roundup of our favorite bits of the blogosphere.
- Have you seen this video of the high school track star who helped her rival cross the finish line? Talk about women helping women. Now that’s the sort of thing we need to see in board rooms across the country, ladies!
- If you didn’t catch Diane’s interview with Bob Crittenden on Monday, you can listen live over on faithradio.org.
- Diane recently won an Alumni and Business Partner Award from the OSU College of Business! You can read more about it on OSU’s website.
- Remember Diane’s friend, Lopez Lomong? One of his South Sudan teammates, Kara Goucher, was just featured in an interview with the New York Times. Kara is training for the 2012 Olympic Marathon.
- 4word board member, Marissa Peterson, will speak at the NACD Spring Forum about “Directors in the Digital Age.” Congratulations, Marissa! What an honor.
- 4word board member, Erin Botsford, was honored yesterday with a Women in Business Award by the Dallas Business Journal. Congratulations, Erin!
- For those of you in Dallas, Diane is speaking next Tuesday at the Institute of Real Estate Management luncheon at 11:30 am at Maggiano’s NorthPark. For more information or to register, go here.
Recipe of the Week
Two steps up in taste from an ordinary burger, but still quick and easy to make.
Video of the Week
Summer is here, which means it’s barbeque season! For those of you who didn’t grow up in the South, here’s an informative, humorous song from Rhett and Link explaining this culinary tradition.
Our Top Three
- Go Forth and Fail – None of us like to fail, especially at work, but what do we lose when we avoid failure at all costs? From Trail Reflections.
- Keep Your Husband the Man of Your Dreams – Great advice from Women Living Well.
- Choosing Wonder over Worry – “Life is not meant to be full of worry. It is meant to be full of wonder.” From Prodigal Magazine.
A Pinterest Find
DIY natural home décor!