Happy Friday and happy second-to-last day of June to you all. Enjoy the latest 4word aggregate of stories, blog posts, news and humor from around the blogosphere for busy working women.
- Sheryl Sandberg just became the first woman on Facebook's board of directors.
- Is work-life balance a myth for working mothers? A high profile Princeton professor, Anne-Marie Slaughter posted a discussion about working mothers and calls for social change and real action. The post went viral, and Diane Paddison will address this hot topic in next Monday's post. Sign up to get Diane's post directly to your inbox here.
- Do singles deserve work-life balance too? Kate Bolick wrote for the Atlantic from her solo perspective.
Video of the Week
18 costume changes in one video. Can you identify all 18 of these famous artists?
Our Top Three
- Learn how to beat crises to the punch with these four tips from womenworking.com.
- "If I'm a good parent, my child won't become a prodigal, right?" Wrong. Hermeneutics explains why.
- Joel J. Miller reminds us to pursue God in the small things and not always be worried about doing something huge for God.
A Pinterest Find
Got a Fourth of July party coming up next week? Here are seven ideas for quick, red-white-and-blue foods.