Welcome to 2013! The new year is officially here, but before we forge ahead with another series of interviews with inspiring women, we wanted to pause and call your attention to some that you might have missed in the past year.
What follows is a list of our Top 10 Interviews for 2012. They’re chock full of advice on everything from eating well on a busy schedule to online dating advice. Check ‘em out!
- “How Not to Sabotage Your Path to Marriage” with Lisa Anderson of Boundless webzine: Lisa offered candid advice – learned the hard way – about ways single women today can avoid sabotaging their paths to marriage.
- “What a Difference Community Makes” with Mandy Castro: Speaking about the impact her Christian friends have had on her growing relationship with Christ, Mandy said, “It’s so important to not walk alone and to have a community surrounding you.”
- “From Eating Disorder to Health-Loving Foodie” with Healthy Grocery Girl CEO Megan Roosevelt: In Part 1 of our interview, Megan explains why her perspective on food changed: “If I don’t take care of my body, then I cannot accomplish everything God is calling me to do.” Part 2 of our interview, Megan shared tips for eating well during work days.
- Interview with Esther Fleece: Focus on the Family’s former Assistant to the President for Millennial Relations talked about the unique faith journeys of her generations. In particular, we loved this point she made: “My good friend taught me that Christianity is caught and not taught.”
- “Online Dating: How To Do It Well” with Anna Minto, founder and CEO of Transformational Change: Anna met her husband Eric online, and in our interview, she shared practical tips on how to navigate the online dating scene safely and successfully.
- Interview with Sheeba Philip: Sheeba, the Director of the Global Oreo Business for Kraft Foods, discussed her struggle to find work-life balance. She said, “I think the root of my struggles with work/life balance is the fact that I am often operating from a short term, earthly perspective.”
- “Why Women Should Vote” with Penny Young Nance, the CEO and President of Concerned Women for America (CWA). In her interview she shared her passion for politics and why all women should vote. “Women are America’s largest voting bloc. Winning requires winning our hearts. That’s not a threat. It’s reality.”
- “Praying for Left to Tell” with Mary Beth Minnis: Our friend Mary Beth shared the story of her involvement with this remarkable film documenting the story of Immaculee Ilibagiza, a survivor of the 1994 Rwandan genocide, and the amazing power of forgiveness.
- “When You Find Out He’s Actually Mr. Wrong” with Julie: Reflecting on her decision to end her engagement, Julie said that, “Although heartbreak may feel like it is the end of the world for that moment, time and faith heal all.”
- “Interview with Stacy Repult:” Stacy Repult, who self-describes as being “single without the gift of singleness” gave us the inside scoop on doing Valentine’s Day as a single woman
What was the best piece of advice you received in 2012? Share it with us in the comments.