Have you heard? 4word now has an exclusive Membership Program! Join today to receive special content, a free copy of Work, Love, Pray and the companion Work, Love, Pray Study Guide, PLUS direct access to our Job Connections Board, which gives you exclusive access to amazing job opportunities.
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Let’s Take the Time to Get Down & Dirty!
Go ahead, get down and dirty … building authentic friendships, that is. Diane Paddison explains why it’s so important to delegate time to building lasting friendships.
Friendship & Sisterhood & Community, OH MY!
What does “community” mean to you? In this week’s interview, sisters, best friends and former co-workers April and Jana give their take on what community has come to mean to them.
Have you signed up for Goodsnitch yet? Well, we’ve made it simple for you. Click one of the buttons on the left to download the Goodsnitch app to your Apple or Android device. Once you’ve set up your account, simply add “4word” as your affiliation and start recognizing the heroes in your life, like your son’s favorite teacher or your pioneering CEO. For every app downloaded with 4word as the affiliation, 4word will receive an automatic $1 donation, so download the app today and encourage your family and friends to do the same!
- This Boston Startup Is Trying To Close The Gender Gap By Matching Women With Mentors – Ilene Fischer founded WomenLEAD in 2012 with the hopes of providing mentorship opportunities for women, especially in science careers. What they’ve been able to accomplish is inspiring.
- Rachel Ramsey Cruze: On Money, Relationships, and Upcoming SMART Conference – Joy Eggerichs interviews Rachel Ramsey Cruze, daughter of Dave Ramsey, to learn her tips for being smart with your money and the importance of respect in a marriage.
- 5 Truths About the Wrath of God – Joseph Scheumann with Desiring God discusses an often glossed over and frowned upon topic: the wrath of God.
HISTORY-MAKING WOMAN: Republican Elise Stefanik won the New York Congressional race on Tuesday, making her the youngest female elected to Congress. Learn more about this inspiring woman’s journey in Good Morning America’s segment.
WOMEN HAVE MORE FREE TIME?: Richard Marsden with Daily Mail suggests that women today have more free time due to factors like technology and partners that share the workload. Do you agree?
CHECK YOUR FEEDBACK: Cindy Cohn with Springboard Consulting offers us some helpful tips for determining whether the feedback you’re giving will have a constructive or destructive impact on the receiver.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – Lunch Out – November 10 @ noon
- San Diego – Lunch Discussion – November 12 @ 11:30AM
- Phoenix – Autumn Nights Book Study – November 13 @ 6:30PM
- Los Angeles – Book Discussion – November 15 @ 1:00PM
- Denver – Launch Event – November 18 @ 6:00PM
- Washington, D.C. – Every Day Faith – November 18 @ 7:00PM
- Austin – Gathering – November 20 @ 7:00PM
- Phoenix – Christmas Luncheon – December 2 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Christmas Party – December 7 @ 4:00PM
- Columbus – Launch Event – January 14 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Video of the Week
Arguably, one of the best parts of Halloween doesn’t take place on October 31. For the past three years, Jimmy Kimmel has recruited parents across the country to cruelly convince their children that they ate all of their hard-earned Halloween candy. (Spoiler alert: it’s all a big joke.) Check out this year’s installment of “I Told My Kids I Ate All Their Halloween Candy” and get ready for some of the biggest freak outs we’ve seen yet!
A Pinterest Find
Pies are one of the most popular dessert choices, especially this time of the year, but they aren’t always the easiest to make. Use this adorable Pie Slice Cookie recipe as a “dessert shortcut” and enjoy all the pie flavor without the pie work.
Want “Friday Faves” sent directly to your inbox every week? Click the button below to sign up!