Your weekly roundup :: August 31 – September 4
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Ready to end 2020 on a positive note? Sign up today for a spot in the upcoming fall session of the 4word Mentor Program! Mentees are hand-paired with a 4word mentor who can help you take your goals for the rest of the year and pave the way into 2021. The deadline to sign up is TONIGHT, so don’t wait!
How can we as Christian women help heal the racial divide in our communities? Dig deeper into this month’s Candid Conversation and explore ways we can all be bridge-builders when it comes to racial reconciliation.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Jill Perrin, an executive coach and a 4word mentor from Dallas, Texas, shares best practices for learning to be more confident and why vulnerability is a big determiner in whether or not you’ll succeed. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Jen Colletta with Human Resource Executive discusses why staying keyed in to their own development can help women keep their career trajectory on track despite the challenges of the pandemic.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates shares a guest post by Will Herrmann, who gives five tips for getting over a break up in a healthy way.
Matt Reynolds writes for Christianity Today on why we shouldn’t divide the church into those who “get it” and those who don’t.
Listen as Molly Fletcher chats with Ally Love on Game Changers with Molly Fletcher about how to keep people engaged in a virtual environment, her approach to tough conversations, and how she’s successfully built a multi-dimensional career. (Molly will be the 2021 4word Gala interviewer—click here for more information!)
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Charleston – September Gathering 9/8 @ Noon
- Chicago – Power Breakfast September Virtual 9/8 @ 7:00 AM
- Colorado Springs – Lady Boss Breakfast Virtually 9/8 @ 8:30 AM
- Southlake – September Breakfast 9/8 @ 8:30 AM
- Dallas – Bi-Monthly Study 9/9 @ 6:00 PM
- Houston – Virtual Bi-Weekly Bible Study 9/9 @ 7:30 AM
- Austin – South Small Group September 9/10 @ Noon
- Philadelphia – Chester County 9/10 @ 6:30 PM
- Palm Beach County – Virtual Fellowship 9/10 @ 7:00 PM
- Dallas – Fellowship Breakfast 9/10 @ 8:00 AM
- Washington DC – Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 9/10 @ 8:00 AM
- Washington DC – Retreat & Play 9/12 @ 8:00 AM
- Portland – Retreat 9/12 @ 1:00 PM
- Nashville – Picnic in the Park Gathering 9/14 @ 6:00 PM
- Austin – Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 9/15 @ 11:45 AM
- Bay Area – San Francisco Gathering 9/15 @ 6:00 PM
- New York City – Gathering Virtual 9/15 @ 7:00 PM
- San Antonio – Luncheon 9/15 @ 11:45 AM
- Detroit – September Social 9/16 @ 5:30
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District – 9/16 @ 7:30 AM
- Austin – North/Central 9/17 @ 11:45 AM
- Dallas – Weekly Bible Study “Pauline Perspectives on Living Christ” 9/17 @ 12:30 PM
- Portland – September Luncheon 9/17 @ 12:00 PM
- Washington DC – Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 9/17 @ 8:00 AM
- Dallas – North Breakfast Study Virtual 9/18 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmount/Spring Garden 9/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Phoenix – Giving Week Social 9/19 @ 6:00 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.