Three Tips To Help Women in the Boardroom Lead with Success
Your weekly roundup :: May 24 – 28
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Sign up for the summer session of the 4word Mentor Program by Monday, May 31
Wondering if a 4word Mentor could help you grow and thrive in new ways? Here’s your chance to find out! We’re extending our deadline for the summer session. Sign up by May 31 and you’ll get matched with an experienced Christian mentor who can help you grow your strengths.
Why It’s So Hard to ‘Let Go and Let God’
4word: Houston leader Tana Deshayes explains why she thinks Christians struggle to let go of their difficulties and hand control over to God.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Listen to Season 3: Episode 10 now!
Dr. Shannan Crawford, licensed clinical psychologist and leadership consultant, joins the podcast to talk about why we are so reluctant to admit when our mental health is suffering, and how she herself has learned when it’s time to pause and let God open His waiting arms to us for rest and renewed strength.
Our work, love, pray favorites
To The Boardroom: Three Tips On How Women Can Lead With Success
Gilda D’Incerti with Forbes lists three key factors to leading with success as a woman in the boardroom.
Counting Favors in Your Relationship? There Might Be a Better Way
Dr. Nate and Kaley Klemp with PsychCentral share an alternative to score-keeping in marriages and relationships they call radical generosity.
McLaughlin Reminds Us a Woman’s Highest Calling Is Following Jesus
Author Rebecca McLaughlin spoke about the dignity a Christian worldview offers to women at Wilberforce Weekend and shared these thoughts at a special Strong Women podcast episode recorded at the conference.
Catch the latest Mentoring Monday show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Kathleen Cooke.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
National Virtual Speaker Events
- “The Power of Presence” next in series – Hosted by Washington DC – June 12 , 10 AM EST
- Candid Conversations: “From Reeling to Growing – Navigating the Mental and Emotional Impacts of Unexpected Pivots” – June 24 @ 7:00PM CST
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Houston – Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 6/2 @ 7:30 AM
- Dallas – June Fellowship Breakfast 6/3 @8:00 AM
- Houston – Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 6/3 @ 7:00 PM
- Palm Beach County – Fellowship 6/3 @ 7:00 PM
- Portland – Happy Hour 6/3 @ 4:30 PM
- Seattle – Gathering 6/3 @6:30 PM
- Austin – Spring into Summer Meet Up 6/8 @ 5:30 PM
- Charleston – Luncheon June 6/8 @ 11:30 AM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast 6/8 @ 7:00 AM
- DuPage – Virtual Meet Up 6/8 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston – Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 6/9 @ 7:30 AM
- Twin Cities – Lunch 6/9 @ Noon
- Austin – South Small Group 6/10 @ Noon
- Phoenix – Lunch Gathering 6/10 @ 11:30 AM
- Philly South – Gathering 6/12 @ 10:00 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.