Four Ways Leaders Are Getting Workplace Wellbeing Wrong
Your weekly roundup :: June 21 – 25
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Did you miss last night’s webinar? Watch the recording here!
If you missed last night’s Candid Conversations webinar discussing unexpected pivots (we’ve all experienced some of those in the past few months, right?), you can watch the recording here. Stay tuned for more Candid Conversations in the future!
How to Process Your Brain’s Default Reactions to Feedback
Diane Paddison lists three mental triggers you may encounter when receiving feedback and how you can use those triggers to retrain how your brain reacts to feedback.
Did you know our Monday blogs are available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Listen to Season 3: Episode 12 now!
Patricia Asp, 4word Board Member and founder of ASPire, shares why she’s so passionate about helping companies embrace more inclusive values, and how she hopes ASPire will help hardwire company culture for sustainability.
Our work, love, pray favorites
What Leaders Get Wrong About Workplace Wellbeing
Sally Percy with Forbes lists four ways in which today’s leaders are getting workplace wellbeing wrong.
How making the right work friends can improve your work life
Arianne Cohen with Sun Port Charlotte encourages all of us to to assess our work relationships and how they might help or hurt our careers — and emotional well-being.
Time Doesn’t Heal All Wounds
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates explains why the “time heals all wounds” saying is distracting from the real way to get past deep hurts.
Catch the latest Mentoring Monday show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Marion Medina, 4word’s new Director of Programs.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Oklahoma City Gathering Virtual Boss Lady Breakfast 6/26 @ 10:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering 6/27 @ 6:00 PM
- Nashville Virtual Gathering 6/28 @ 6:30 PM
- San Antonio Virtual Luncheon 6/28 @ Noon
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 6/30 @ 8:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 6/30 @ 7:30 AM
- Dallas Fellowship Breakfast 7/1 @ 8:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study 7/7 @ 7:30 AM
- Phoenix Happy Hour 7/8 @ 6:00 PM
- Seattle Gathering @ 7/8 6:00 PM
- Philly South Gathering 7/10 @ 10:00 AM
- Charleston Luncheon 7/13 @ 11:30 AM
- Chicago Power Breakfast 7/13 @ 7:00 AM
- DuPage Virtual Meet Up 7/13 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland EFG Happy Hour 7/13 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study 7/14 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering 7/15 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Luncheon 7/15 @ 12:00 PM
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast 7/16 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 7/17 @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Breakfast Group 7/17 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin-Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 7/20 @ Noon
- Houston Gathering 7/20 @ 6:00 PM
- San Antonio Luncheon 7/20 @ Noon
- Austin Cedar Park Small Group 7/21 @ 5:30 PM
- Detroit Gathering 7/21 @ 5:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study 7/21 @ 7:30 AM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District 7/21 @ 7:30 AM
- Dallas Breakfast in the City 7/23 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Gathering Virtual Boss Lady Breakfast 7/24 @ 10:00 AM
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 7/28 @ 8:30 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.