Your weekly roundup :: April 25 – 29
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
If 2022 hasn’t started off the way you thought it would, or you’re just wanting an extra set of eyes on your plans for this year, becoming a mentee in the summer session of the 4word Mentor Program is a great place to plug in! For 10 weeks, you will work one-on-one with a hand-selected mentor who will offer guidance on any and all issues or questions you’re having in your professional, personal, and spiritual life. Click the button below to sign up!
Are you ready to set out on your Journey 4word? Don’t let your excitement to hit the road overshadow opportunities to prepare.
Did you know we have Monday blogs available in Spanish and Mandarin?
Listen to Part 2 of Favor Lee‘s journey to finding a beautiful way to join all areas of her life together under the umbrella of faith.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Rodger Dean Duncan with Forbes writes about why women face special challenges in the workplace and shares a specific set of practices can help them flourish.
Emily Brown with Relevant Magazine lists five friendly reminders that single people are actually going to want to hear from their friends and family.
Laura McGee with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics shares how to seek God’s direction and wise counsel in your decision of whether to make major life changes to become a full-time caregiver for a loved one.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday show featuring Margaret Grun Kibben, first female chaplain of the US House of Representatives!
Growing up Presbyterian, Chaplain Margaret Grun Kibben, 61st Chaplain for the US House of Representatives, went to church that was used as a hospital by George Washington during the Revolutionary War. Call it pre-ordained, she had a wonderful youth pastor who helped her understand her future role as a minister. She discerned where God was calling her and was grateful for the space that her mentors gave her, leading to her role as a Naval Chaplain. Listen to her legendary mentoring tips!
4word: Community Group Events
If you are not yet connected with a community group, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- C-Level Forum Meet & Greet Virtual Gathering – 4/30 @ 9:30 AM CST
- Oklahoma City Gathering – 4/30 @ 10:30 AM
- Seattle Gathering – 5/5 @ 6:00 PM
- C-Level Eastern Virtual Meeting – 5/7 @ 10:30 AM EST
- Charleston Monthly Luncheon – 5/10 @ 1:00 PM
- Chicago Virtual Power Breakfast – 5/10 @ 7:00 AM
- Military Virtual Fellowship – 5/11 @ 7:00PM CST
- Phoenix Lunch Gathering – 5/12 @ 11:30 AM
- DFW North Dallas Breakfast – 5/13 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia South Gathering – 5/14 @ 10:00 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon – 5/17 @ Noon
- Detroit Gathering – 5/18 @ 5:30 PM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District Gathering – 5/18 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Monthly Gathering – 5/19 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Luncheon – 5/19 @ Noon
- Chicagoland Summer Kickoff Happy Hour – 5/19 @ 5:30 PM
- Virtual Global Gathering – 5/20 @ 8:00 AM CST
- DFW Coffee & Yoga Pants Gathering – 5/21 @ 8:45 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden Gathering – 5/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Breakfast Group – 5/21 @ 9:00 AM
- C-level North Virtual Gathering – 5/24 @ 6:30 PM CST
- Military Study – 5/25 @ 7:00 PM CST
- Tulsa Luncheon – 5/25 @ Noon
- DFW Dallas Breakfast – 5/27 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Gathering – 5/28 @ 10:30 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.