Welcome again to Friday! Check out our favorite articles, video and pin from the week as you prepare for a relaxing summer weekend.
- TIME TO QUIT: Sallie Krawcheck writes on LinkedIn about the five warning signs that your job must have lost its lustre, and it may be time to start looking for something better. In a follow-up article to Sallie’s, Rob Wyse shares a list of nine ways your boss might be passive-aggressively trying to get you to quit.
- MUST-SEE TED TALKS: Caitlin Moscatello with Glamour shares a list of ten TED Talks that every woman must see. How many have you seen?
- GET FOCUSED IN 18 MINUTES: Jessica Stillman with Inc. lays out a simple and effective 18-minute daily ritual that those of us who struggle to stay focused and productive can work into our routines to help improve our work performance.
- ARE YOU WIFI VULNERABLE?: Bari Abdul writes on Forbes about the rising threat of being hacked that is coinciding with the rise in WiFi availability and offers simple measures you can take to protect yourself and your data.
- MICROMANAGING KILLS: Jill Kransy with Inc. warns managers and bosses about the lethal effect micromanaging has on productivity in the workplace.
- COMMUNICATE SMARTER FOR FREE!: Do you want to appear smarter to your peers? Do you like anything that’s free? Geoffrey James with Inc. lists five free apps that will help your communication skills improve exponentially with just a few clicks.
Video of the Week
Rachel Berry shares with Christian Mingle an inspirational reminder that women should seek to enhance their internal beauty, according to Proverbs 31:30.
- 5 Things Men Shouldn’t Do When Negotiating With Women – Author and consultant Victoria Pynchon discusses five things that men should never do when negotiating with female colleagues in her article on LinkedIn.
- Do You React or Respond in Conflict? – Dr. Emerson and Sarah Eggerichs with Love & Respect Now caution parents against reacting during conflicts with their children and encourage them to consciously respond instead.
- Come Back, Weary Wanderer – Erica Wright pens an article on Biblical Woman about the bone-deep weariness that threatens to destroy people today and how it usually stems from our inability to trust when we cannot see what lies ahead.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Washington, D.C. – Jazz in the Garden event – July 18 @ 6:30PM
- Nashville – Launch event – July 22 @ Noon
- Portland – Lunch event – July 25 @ Noon
- Portland – BBQ – August 3 @ 2:00PM
- Los Angeles – Morning Brunch – August 9 @ 10:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
Water is an essential part of our daily diets, especially in the summer, but it can be a little boring after a while. Here are 10 ways to add some extra flavor to your water!