We’ve reached the end of August. Can you believe it?! While catching up on our favorites from the week, be sure to check out our Team’s Favorites from the month. Also, you have exactly one week left to sign up for the upcoming fall 4word Mentor Program session!
- BE A PART OF THE 4word MENTOR PROGRAM!: The 4word Mentor Program is now accepting applications for mentor and mentee spots! Take the next step in your professional journey by investing in a mentorship with a fellow professional Christian woman! To apply, send in your application by September 5, 2014 by clicking this link.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, 19TH AMENDMENT!: Jim Denison celebrates the 94th birthday of the 19th Amendment by calling on culture-changing Christians to rise up and make some noise in the world.
- DON’T ALIENATE. PERSUADE.: May Busch shares three strategies that can help you persuade someone without pushing them away.
- BETTER TOGETHER: Domeniek L. Harris with Gifted For Leadership tackles a sometimes sensitive topic: can more than one leader work together successfully?
- “BREAKING BAD” BRANDING: Geoffrey James with Inc. lists 3 branding principles that TV show Breaking Bad demonstrated masterfully.
Video of the Week
Sometimes goodbyes are hard. This little boy and his family decided to release one of the butterflies they had raised, and it seems someone just wasn’t quite ready to leave.
- How To Set Good Boundaries Around Your Maternity Leave – Morra Aarons-Mele with Women Online offers her advice for preparing for maternity leave and making it a smooth and beneficial period of time for all involved.
- The Decisive Marriage – Tara Parker-Pope with The New York Times reveals that couples who make more decisions together before marriage ultimately have a deeper and more meaningful relationship throughout their marriage.
- Who Do You Need Him To Be? – Jen Johnson with A Deeper Story writes about relying on who God has said He can be for you, depending on your situation or need.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Portland – Guided Discussion – September 4 @ noon
- Dallas – Round Table Discussion – September 8 @ noon
- San Diego – Round Table Discussion – September 10 @ 11:30AM
- Los Angeles – Round Table Discussion – September 13 @ 1:00PM
- Tulsa – WLP Book Discussion – September 15 @ 7:00PM
- Chicago – Luncheon with Jamie Janosz – September 18 @ noon
- Phoenix – September Speaker Series – September 18 @ 6:30PM
- San Francisco – Summer BBQ – September 21 @ 2:30PM
- Dallas – After Work Event – September 23 @ 6:00PM
- Washington, D.C. – Fall Speaker Series – September 23 @ 7:00PM
- Phoenix – Autumn Nights Book Study – September 25 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Team Monthly Favorites
Jordan Johnstone, Editor
Favorite: Mario Badescu
My skin doesn’t want to accept that it’s not a teenager anymore, so in protest, it continues to dish out regular acne flareups. How do I combat this? With the help of Mario Badescu! These products are effective, affordable, and organized by skin type. What’s not to love?
Sandra Crawford Williamson, COO
I just love getting my monthly Birchbox filled with fabulous treats for the hair, skin, and body. You never know what you’re going to get so it’s quite the little mystery in a brown box.
Ashley Diaz, Social Media
Favorite: Maybelline Color Whisper
I am loving my new lipstick, because it goes on smooth and with just a coat of long lasting gloss, I can wear my favorite shade “Who wore it Red-er” all night long!
Avery Dale, Editor & Project Coordinator
Favorite: Saltwater Sandals
My tan Saltwater Sandals are my go-to shoes right now, because they are cute, extremely comfortable, and water-proof! These awesome sandals come in both Adult and Kid sizes and almost every color of the rainbow!
A Pinterest Find
Wraps are an excellent lunch choice, especially if you’re on a diet. Here are 12 wrap recipes that are all under 500 calories each!